5.02.2010

WTF, Judicial System?

For years I've been wondering how to avoid being raped. I know I should be careful at night, especially if I'm drinking, especially if I'm alone. I know that it's important for us, as a society, to focus on educating young people as to the definition of rape and the often complex ways in which women communicate their nonconsent (here's a hint: the word 'no' is often employed).

So you can imagine how silly I felt yesterday when I clicked on the Sydney Morning Herald website to discover that some ingenious juror had discovered the secret! The one thing that would save us all from rape!

SKINNY JEANS.

Because apparently it is 'not possible' to rape a woman who is wearing them.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/rape-of-woman-in-skinny-jeans-not-possible-20100430-tzai.html

I can't wait until news of this marvellous development spreads internationally! Just think what this information could mean for women in the Democratic Republic of Congo - don't worry ladies, your days of being brutalised by marauding soldiers are over, as long as you remember to wear your MAGIC PANTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment