5.11.2010

Ode to Black


I love, love, love to wear black. I get sad in summer when it’s too warm to wear black.

I feel like I can get away with more when I wear black – plunging necklines, interesting skirt shapes, tight silhouettes. I’m quite short and curvy so loud patterns are not my friend.

When I wear all black I feel put-together and groomed in a way that I just don’t when I’m wearing colour.

If, like me, you are both lazy and a perfectionist, when it comes to getting dressed, black is your friend. An all-black ensemble will make you seem chic, and solves the early morning dilemma of what to wear. If 90% of your wardrobe is the same colour, everything matches. (The holy grail is a black dress – one item and you’re done!)

And the fact that black goes with everything makes shopping a dream. Everything is an investment piece if you buy it in black.

Black gives you more leeway to be daring with accessories and makeup – one of my favourite winter looks is a black trench coat (tightly belted at the waist) and a slash of the reddest red lipstick. You can wear this anywhere.

I am highly suspicious of the claim that not everyone can wear black – I have yet to meet anyone who doesn’t look fabulous in the right little black dress.

Did I mention I’m a fan of dressing in black?

No comments:

Post a Comment