5.11.2010

Ambitious Projects

1. This Saturday just past, I cooked dinner for 10 people. This involved making the following:

Roquamole (Avocado & blue cheese dip)
Hummus
Yoghurt Dip
Crostini
Pita Chips
Coleslaw (with home-made mayonnaise)
Potato Salad
Slow-roasted Tomato, Goats Cheese & Mint Salad
Wholemeal bread rolls
White bread rolls
Lemon herbed chicken (admittedly I did not do the actual cooking as it was barbecued by Captain Turbo and his father)
Pinchito Beef Kebabs (see above)
Pomegranate Icecream
Choc-chip biscuits with Peppermint glaze.

It all turned out really well (with the exception of the hummus, which looked like crap - literally - and tasted like garlic-infused crap) but I seriously overcatered. Potato salad and coleslaw are not that exciting after three days.

2. I'm halfway through sewing myself a vintage-style apron. It will be red with small white polka-dots, a full skirt, ruffled broderie-anglaise trim, and it will be utterly impractical for cooking as I anticipate I will not really want to get it dirty. Maybe I can wear an apron over it?

3. This coming Saturday is my sister's birthday. She's turning 8. I love my sister and she loves me. Sadly I think the main reason she loves me is because I have a Nintendo Wii. Adding weight to these suspicions is the fact that every time she sees me she asks to come over to my house so she can play the Wii.
Mum asked me to make a cake for her birthday this weekend, so in honour of her obsession with Mario Kart I'm making her a Super Mario-themed cake.

I started to write a description of what the cake will look like, but it was surprisingly difficult. I'll post a picture when it's made.

No comments:

Post a Comment