4.29.2010

Words I Enjoy

Thrift.

Just the saying of it makes me feel virtuous! I have lately been attempting to plan the week's meals in an attempt to be Thrifty. This week has been moderately successful.

I say 'moderately' because, as previously mentioned, I forgot my lunch today. This means I now have a spare lunch, languishing in the fridge! I have decided that rather than eating it to escape detection as a slatternly forgetful-type person, as I previously planned to do, I will instead save it for tomorrow.

Conveniently, I have not yet assembled the salad that was to be tomorrow's lunch, and the lime-ginger chicken with coriander dressing I made on Tuesday night ended up being a bit delicious and also much more voluminous than the recipe suggested. So Ben can just eat the chicken leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Maybe I'll make him a sandwich, Lady GaGa style. I should point out that in all probability it will not be poisonous.

The more I think about it, the more I realise that this is a fantastic idea. I have already bought all salad ingredients but most will keep and I can repurpose the perishable veggies into panade!

Verily I say unto ye, I am the Goddess of Thrift!

No comments:

Post a Comment