4.30.2010

Stretchy McStretcherson

This morning when I got to work, my computer monitor wouldn't turn on.

I unplugged it, replugged it, switched it off, switched it back on, did a little raindance, all to no avail.

Silently it sat there, mocking me with its dark screen and tiny flashing green light - that little light was giving me a false sense of hope. In the depths of despair I failed to realise what this turn of events meant.

It meant that I got a new computer monitor!

In the meantime, I was also able to do my work on the computer in the conference room, which meant I got to experience the thrill of working in an office-type environment, with a door that closed and a comfortable chair. For a desk-dweller like me, it went quite to my head.

Then! Mere hours later, my new monitor arrived. It is shiny and fancy. I was a little intimidated at first, but its obscene newness made coming back to my lowly desk an adventure all of its own - until I realised that the damn thing is so wide, everything on the screen is stretched out to insane proportions.

S e n t e n c e s a p p e a r l i k e t h i s .

It is doing my head in.

No comments:

Post a Comment